Roads across Paisley will be temporarily closed on Sunday for the Paisley 10k.
The following roads will be shut from 8am until 2pm on Sunday, August 20 during the event, which includes the popular 10k road race and a fun run.
- Argyle Street, at its junction with Lady Lane
- Barskiven Road(north-eastwards only), from Linwood Road to Ferguslie Park Avenue
- Blackstoun Road, at its western junction with the roundabout at Ferguslie Park Avenue
- Bridge Street, both carriageways, from Lonend to Abbey Close
- Canal Street, from Stow Brae to Main Road Castlehead, except for access to fire station and adjacent businesses
- Causeyside Street, from Canal Street to St Mirren Street, except for access to Orchard Street
- Causeyside Street (side road) from Causeyside Street to Forbes Place
- Cotton Street, from Bridge Street to Gauze Street (except for Paisley Abbey church parking)
- County Place, from Moss Street to Gilmour Street
- Craigielea Avenue, at its junction with Ferguslie Park Avenue
- Drums Avenue, at its junction with Greenhill Road
- Ferguslie Park Avenue, from Greenhill Road to Tannahill Road
- Forbes Place, from Causeyside Street (side road) to Causeyside Street
- Gauze Street, from Mill Street to St James Bridge
- George Street, from Barr Place to Tower Terrace
- Gilmour Street, from Central Road to High Street (except for taxis at taxi rank)
- Greenhill Road, from Underwood Road to Ferguslie Park Avenue, except for access to premises
- High Street,from Gauze Street at St James Bridge, to the East side of Townhead Terrace
- High Street, from Lady Lane to the East side of Townhead Terrace (except for Coats Memorial church parking and access to Townhead Terrace)
- Lady Lane, from George Street to High Street
- Lawn Street, from Incle Street to Gauze Street
- McKenzie Street, from Greenhill Road to Drums Crescent
- Moss Street, from School Wynd to Old Sneddon Street
- Murray Street, from McKean Street to Greenhill Road, except for access to premises, the junction of Murray Street and Greenhill Road being closed.
- New Street, from Witherspoon Street to High Street
- Oakshaw Street East, from School Wynd to its western extremity
- School Wynd, from Moss Street to Oakshaw Street East
- Silk Street, from Lawn Street to Gauze Street
- Smithhills Street, from Gauze Street to Central Road
- St Mirren Street, from Causeyside Street to The Cross
- Storie Street, from Witherspoon Street to High Street
- Tannahill Road, from Ferguslie Park Avenue southwards for five metres or thereby
- Underwood Road, from Caledonia Street to Kerr Street
- Underwood Road, from Well Street to Kerr Street, except for access to premises
- Weighhouse Close, from New Street to its northern extremity
- Witherspoon Street, from Storie Street to New Street
- Wardrope Street, at George Street
Parking will be suspended on the north side of George Street from Causeyside Street to Barr Place during the event. The use of three parking bays on the south side of George Street at West Buchanan Place will also be temporarily suspended.
Police will control traffic at Baronscourt Road’s junction with Linwood Road between 10.15am and 10.45am. Runners should keep to the footway on the north side of Baronscourt Road.
Access for emergency services will be maintained at all times.