There was a surprise in store for guests at the intu Braehead Retailer Awards bash when X Factor star, Wagner suddenly appeared to entertain the crowd.
The Brazilian singer’s appearance was kept a closely-guarded secret all night at the glitzy annual event at Glasgow’s Old Fruitmarket.
And when host for the night, Britain’s got Talent Star, Edward Reid announced Wagner, the X Factor performer, who was judge Louis Walsh’s wildcard pick for the TV finals, had to battle his way though the tables as fans crowded round him taking photographs.
When Wagner eventually got on the stage he performed a set of high tempo songs that had the guests dancing. And when he was finished there was an even bigger crowd of people wanting to meet him and take the obligatory selfie with the entertainer.
Photo: intu Braehead Retailer Awards 2017 @The Fruitmarket and City Halls Glasgow. Photo Credit Mark Gibson / Gibson Digital
Hundreds of staff from the stores at the intu Braehead shopping centre attended the event with most of the awards being won after thousands of votes were cast by the public for their favourite stores and leisure attractions.
Marketing manager for intu Braehead, Christine Macdonald said: “We always like to keep a surprise guest up our sleeve for everyone attending the awards ceremony.
“And this year, Wagner certainly did the trick as he’s obviously as popular as he ever was with lots of people wanting to get a selfie with him.”
The winners of the intu Braehead Retailer Awards 2017 were:
- World-class Customer Service, Next Home
- Entertainment Venue of the Year, Odeon Cinema
- Menswear Store of the Year, Next
- Ladieswear Store of the Year, River Island
- Footwear and Accessories Store of the Year, JD Sports
- Jewellery Store of the Year, Beaverbrooks
- Food and Drink Retailer of the Year, Nando’s at intu Braehead
- Health and Beauty Store of the Year, Boots
- Retailer of the Year, Next
- Speciality Retailer of the Year, Snow Factor
- Store Manager of the Year: Laura Robertson, from Oasis.