In Scotland, from tomorrow, people will not be allowed to visit each other’s homes and meetings in public indoor settings – like pubs and restaurants – will continue to be limited to a maximum of six people from two households.
However, Renfrewshire’s pubs, bars and restaurants will face a curfew for the first time and must close at 10pm from Friday.
Up to six people from two different households can continue to meet outdoors, including in private gardens. Children under 12 will be exempt from both the limit of six and the limit of two households, if meeting outside.
New measures include:
Inside people’s homes, beginning Wednesday
- Do not meet people (including children) from any other households in your home or another person’s home socially, unless they are in your extended household
- Children whose parents do not live in the same household can move between homes, as can non-cohabiting couples
- Very limited exemptions apply for childcare, and for tradespeople
Private gardens or public outdoors spaces, beginning Wednesday
- A maximum of six people from two households can meet in outdoor spaces
- You should limit as far as possible the total number of households you meet in a day
- Under-12s do not count towards the maximum number of households or number of people who can meet outdoors
- Under-12s do not have to physically distance at all outside
- A maximum of six 12 to 17 year olds can meet in outdoor spaces, with no household limit. Physical distancing is still required
Indoors in public spaces, beginning Wednesday
- A maximum of six people from two households can meet in public indoor spaces such as cafes, pubs and restaurants
- Children under 12 from those two households do not count towards the limits
Hospitality rules, beginning Friday
- Pubs, restaurants and all hospitality settings will be required to close at 10pm
- Table service will continue to be required in all hospitality premises
- You should only car share with members of your own, or extended, household, and follow guidance when there is no alternative
- You must continue to work from home where practicable
First Minister Nicola Sturgeon confirmed these restrictions will be reviewed within three weeks and further guidance will be issued if required.