Leading housebuilder Miller Homes Scotland returns this autumn with its Home Safe campaign, keeping children in Paisley safe on their walk, cycle, or scoot, to and from school.
After the campaign’s success in Renfrewshire last year, Miller Homes is running its Home Safe initiative for a second year in the area.
Looking to keep children in the town safe this autumn, Miller Homes will be providing high-vis vests for guardians to pick up from the Hawkhead development in Paisley.
In addition to wearing high-vis vests when travelling to school, Miller Homes also encourages children and their guardians to familiarise themselves with educational resources on the Road Safety Scotland website, including activities for children around the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents’ Green Cross Code.
These helpful activities include tips on how children can navigate roads safely and outlines five simple steps children should take when crossing a road:
- Find a safe place to cross
- Stop just before you get to the kerb
- Look all around for traffic and listen
- If traffic is coming, let it pass
- When it is safe, go straight across the road – do not run; keep looking and listening while you cross
Louise Caldwell, Sales Director for Miller Homes Scotland West, said: “We’re looking to keep children in Paisley safe on their journey to and from school as we approach the darker months this autumn. Our Home Safe high vis vest donation will provide added safety for those families in the local community, ensuring children are as visible as possible when out and about.”
Suitable for all primary school children, the high vis vests will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. Guardians can collect a vest from the marketing suite at the Hawkhead development in Paisley from Thursday to Monday, 10:30-5:30pm.
Main photo: (left to Right) Isaac (5) and Phoebe (7) Photo Credit: Jeff Holmes
- Educational resources to keep children safe on their walk to and from school can be accessed on Road Safety Scotland’s website here.
- Download a PDF copy of the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents’ Green Cross Code here.
- Download a PDF copy of the Department for Transport’s Tales of the Road here.
- For more information on Miller Homes and the Home Safe initiative, visit the website: https://www.millerhomes.co.uk/