The Bungalow Bar in Paisley is hosting Teardrop All Dayer where you can catch more than ten bands from across Scotland for only a tenner.
Teardrop aims to enrich the local music scene while also reaching out to the wider Scottish and UK music scene. The acts on the bill are among the finest Scottish acts around.
The bands lined up are:
- Paris Street Rebels are arguably the best young band in Scotland right now. With the powerful singles, ‘Freakshow’ and “I Don’t Wanna Die Young already under their belt, tese four lads from Fife have just released, ‘Kings Of Balado’; an ambitious but perfectly formed track about the music festival experience. These boys could very well go all the way to the top of the music world.
- Stylus Automatic make a welcome return to the stage after three years away. At their peak, the Paisley band played T In The Park and Glastonbury; toured the UK and recorded their debut album in Los Angeles.
- Ghostbaby are a young 4 piece outfit from Paisley. Their tripped out folk/punk stylings capture the imaginations like nothing else in the current Scottish musical landscape. They recorded their debut ep in their garage but expect them to do big things in 2019.
- The Stoned Immaculate are a four piece band with members from Lanarkshire and Renfrewshire. Combining bold shuffling rhythms and out-there lyrics they are a voice for their generation. Recent release Charlie Brown can be heard on all major platforms
- Third Party are a young four piece indie punk band from Glasgow. Their incendiary live shows has gained them a growing reputation and are ones to watch in 2019.
- Refuge Island are a four-piece punk band from Kilwinning. They released their second single “Fighting In The Disco” on the 29th. Influenced by the Sex Pistols, The Clash, The Libertines, The Stooges, False Heads, Trampoline and Slaves to name a few, the band is working hard on new music and will be touring across the UK in 2019.
- Velveteen Riot are a 4-piece alternative band from Glasgow. Their sound takes the best elements of shoegaze, indie and punk; then adds dreamy vocals, warm melodies and distant echoes. Recent support slots include Wolf Alice and Piroshka. They have a single, ‘Peaches’ out now.
- St. Clements are an energetic five piece indie pop band from Glasgow and Renfrewshire. They have honed their songs into perfect slices of pop with big choruses and meaningful lyrics. They recently released their debut EP, Rocket Science For The Elderly.
- Last Light are a three piece indie pop group from Glasgow. Influenced by Biffy Clyro, Led Zepplin and Catfish and the Bottlemen. they have perfected their sound and gained a solid following through gigs and recordings.
- Black Tiles are a sparkle rock band from Aberdeen, whose sound harks back to 80’s indie such as The Cure, coupled with strong female vocals from the same era. Black Tiles have developed a strong cult following thanks to their smashy, trashy debut EP – In Forever as well as the anthemic – Molly Marguerite.”
- Bight are a threesome who combine haunting guitars, voices, cellos, and drums to produce something truly mesmerising. Local to Glasgow, loyal to lo-fi indie, and inspired by dark folk. Check out their debut EP, Shallower Than A Sound.
The event is being held on Saturday 18th May 2019 from 2.30pm until 1am. To buy tickets online, click here or buy them directly from the Bungalow in Shuttle Street, Paisley.