Benji, the PlayTalkRead bus returns to Renfrewshire this month – giving local families the chance to get creative, sing songs and tell stories.
Aimed at children of pre-school age, the free play buses make a great day out for parents, carers and their children.
The big purple bus will call at Woodlands Primary School, Linwood on Monday before touring Renfrewshire for the rest of the week, stopping off in Paisley, Johnstone and Renfrew.
The Scottish Government-funded PlayTalkRead bus travels up and down the country to show the positive impact of play, crafts and reading. It introduces parents and carers to fun activities they can try at home with their child.
Councillor Jim Paterson, Convener of Renfrewshire Council’s Education and Children’s Services Policy Board said: “Often the best ideas for playing are simple and don’t cost a thing. The PlayTalkRead service has lots of easy, fun, free ideas and resources for enjoying time with your wee ones. It helps show grandparents, parents and carers how they can give children the best start in life, and have some fun at the same time.
“Just by playing, talking and reading with our children more often we can make a real difference to their development and happiness.”
The PlayTalkRead bus offers parents and children the opportunity to join in with BookBug storytelling, rhymes and songs sessions with young passengers also receiving a free gift to take home with them. Admission to the bus is free for Renfrewshire families and booking is not required.
Details of the bus tour can be found at http://playtalkread.scot
- 6th November – Woodlands Primary School, Abernethy Drive, Linwood – 11am until 1pm & 2pm until 4pm
- 7th November – Renfrewshire Leisure Centre, Paisley Road, Renfrew – 10am until 1pm & 2pm until 4pm
- 8th November – Gallowhill Community Centre, Netherhill Road Paisley – 10am until 1pm & 2pm until 4pm
- 9th November – Johnstone Community Library, 25 Church Street, Johnstone – 10am until 1pm & 2pm until 4pm
- 10th November – Ferguslie Park Library, Tannahill Centre, Blackstoun Road, Paisley – 10am until 1pm & 2pm until 4pm